No Gym Weight Loss
Weight loss can sometimes feel like an uphill battle. No matter how much effort is put in, it may not always feel the desired results are achieved. For those who are disabled or have trouble getting to the gym, weight loss can be especially difficult. Some individuals may not be physically able to lose weight through exercise. Others may not have time for the gym or prefer to lose weight in other ways. Fortunately, these common sense options can aid weight loss without having to make regular visits to the gym. For those who are truly serious about losing weight, Expert Surgical and The Bariatric Experts have advanced, non-surgical weight loss programs
Tips for Weight Loss if You Can’t Exercise Regularly
Dieting may be the most effective way to lose weight without exercising. Even with exercise, some say that 80% of weight control begins in the kitchen. A healthy diet is essential for losing weight and maintaining good physical health. By having a portion-controlled and balanced diet, you can regain control over weight gain.
- Portions. One way to keep portions under control is to come up with a weekly meal plan. Make meals in large batches, and use appropriate meal-sized plastic or glass storage containers to keep in the fridge. These meals should be balanced and nutritious. If eating without using meal prep kits, use smaller plates to avoid overeating. Also, keep a meal journal to help keep track of daily intake and monitor eating habits. There are weight loss apps that help dieters track portions and calories.
- Monitor weight. When trying to lose weight, it is essential to use a scale daily. Keeping an updated weight loss journal serves to provide information about what diets and habits may or may not be working to achieve the desired goal. At the end of each week, calculate a weekly weight loss average, and make the necessary changes to better that average next week.
- Chewing. Believe it or not, eating slowly and chewing thoroughly helps prevent overeating and also eases the digestion process. The brain doesn’t immediately recognize when it is full, so eating slowly also nourishes the body and lets the brain know when to stop eating.
- Breakfast. People may often feel that they can lose weight more quickly by skipping a meal, and that meal tends to be breakfast. However, breakfast is the most important meal of the day for many reasons. In the case of weight loss, people who skip breakfast have an increased chance of overeating later in the day at lunch and dinner. Having a healthy and balanced breakfast gives the body energy early on in the day and prevents one from overeating right before bedtime.
- Protein. Protein is mostly known to help repair and build muscle tissue. However, protein also aids in helping people that are trying to lose weight. Particular hormones in the body help the brain send signals to the body that it feels full, and protein helps build and activate these hormones. Lean protein such as chicken breast and fish are also lower in calories while also being filling. Increasing protein intake with meals helps prevent overeating.
- Fiber. Just as with protein, an increase in fiber during mealtime can also make someone feel fuller faster. When combined with water in the digestive system, a gel-like substance forms and helps break down nutrients. The gel serves as a deterrent by slowing down nutrient absorption. By slowing down the absorption process, people don’t become hungry as often and, therefore, are less likely to overeat.
- Healthy fats. Believe it or not, there are such things as healthy fats that contribute to a balanced diet. Healthy fats from foods such as avocados, salmon, and nuts help prolong the feeling of being full, thus keeping hunger at bay. WARNING: Healthy fats are also high in calories, so make sure to include them in moderation.
- Water. Staying hydrated is essential for many reasons. When trying to lose weight, drinking water gives the feeling of fullness without any added calories. The body has difficulty telling the difference between hunger and thirst, and drinking plenty of water right before mealtime has statistically proven to keep people from overeating.
Weight Loss Can Happen – Without the Gym
Going to the gym is very useful for weight loss and staying healthy overall. If you can exercise, by all means, do! Whether it’s baby steps walking around the block or a half-marathon, exercise is great for your body, spirit and mind. However, some people may not regularly have time in their schedules or they may feel too overweight, unhealthy, or insecure about committing to exercising in public. This does not mean that there is no hope for these individuals to lose weight! By making sensible diet adjustments, people can successfully lose weight without having to pay for a gym membership.
Expert Surgical and The Bariatric Experts Weight Loss Program
Not all of our patients are mentally or physically ready for a surgical weight loss procedure. Some are unsure about the decision, while others may be 20-30 pounds from meeting the criteria for weight loss surgery. Weight loss is a team effort, and we believe in taking each step with you. That’s why we offer a medically supervised weight loss program to guide you through the journey.
If you are confused about what to eat and how much, book a Consultation with our Nutritionist and learn about our new Medically Supervised Weight Loss Program. We can help you lose weight using common sense and heathy food!
We have recently moved to Denton. Expert Surgical – The Bariatric Experts is now located in the Medical City Denton Professional Office Building, Suite 200, 3537 South Interstate 35E, Denton, TX 76210. Call for an appointment today at 940-800-2565.