Bariatric Advantage Vitamins
Bariatric Advantage Vitamins for Pre and Post Op
Bariatric Advantage offers a comprehensive line of vitamins for weight loss, as well as nutrition products that are specifically formulated to meet the needs of patients who have undergone weight loss surgical procedures.
Ideally, the best way for the body to get the proper amount of vitamins and minerals is through food. However, this may not always be achievable after bariatric surgery. We are committed to supporting our patient’s long-lasting nutrition before and after bariatric surgery. Recently, the best weight loss surgeons in Dallas with Expert Surgical have teamed up with Bariatric Advantage to offer a one-stop shop for all vitamins needed before and after surgery.
You can easily access these Bariatric Advantage Vitamins online today!
- Multivitamins. Bariatric surgery patients will have fewer of these nutrients: vitamins B1, B12, A, C, D, K, as well as folate, and minerals such as iron, zinc, selenium, and copper.
- Calcium. A Calcium deficiency may be worsened with bariatric surgery if proper guidelines are not followed. Intestinal calcium absorption rate after surgery is reduced. By adding more calcium to your diet, you can increase your calcium levels and maximize the healing process.
- Iron. An iron deficiency during weight loss surgery is quite common, Iron deficiency is a side effect that results from the changes made during the surgery. Your small intestine will have more trouble sending iron through the proper channels. Iron deficiency can cause you to lose your appetite. Additionally, low iron levels can also leave you feeling fatigued, making it harder for you to burn calories through proper exercise.
- B Vitamins. Vitamin B12 supplements, along with calcium, iron, and vitamin D, all work together recommended perioperatively and for life.Vitamin B12 deficiency is one of the most common deficiencies
- Meal Replacements. A meal replacement is a drink, bar, soup, etc. intended as a substitute for a solid food meal, usually with controlled quantities of calories and nutrients. Some drinks are in the form of a health shake. Patients typically at first are advised to slowly ease back into solid foods.
- Therapeutic Vitamins. A multivitamin product used to help prevent vitamin deficiency both before and after bariatric surgery. Your surgeon will recommend that you slowly ease through recovery by gradually moving from liquids to solid foods. Until then, these vitamins and supplements can help your body repair itself.
- Vitamin A. Vitamin A deficiency is common after bariatric surgery and is associated with the impairment of the immune system
- Vitamin D. vitamin D deficiencies are commonly seen before and after the surgery and generally require additional supplementations. This vitamin also helps with calcium growth, which aids in the prevention of stomach cancer.
- Omega 3s. Bariatric Advantage vitamin supplements with fish oil use omega 3 fatty acids to fight inflammation of the stomach lining and help relieve stomach irritation.
- Protein. Protein is the cornerstone of the post weight loss surgery diet, and it is important that you are getting the right amount from each meal. The body needs additional protein during the period of rapid weight loss to maintain your muscle mass. If you don’t provide enough protein in your diet, the body will take its protein from your remaining muscles.
- Nectar. Nectar carries about 23 grams of protein per serving and is rich in calcium. It is also low in calories. It’s basically a soothing calcium boost that can be added to your favorite blend of hot tea or to your morning smoothie.
- Probiotics. Taking probiotics provides a higher level of vitamin B12, which helps to build digestive enzymes and protect healthy bacteria within the intestines. Probiotics may also decrease the incidence of “pouchitis”, a common intestinal inflammation after some bariatric surgeries.
If you have any questions or concerns about vitamins for weight loss, or if you may be considering bariatric surgery in Dallas, we at Expert Surgical would love to visit with you! Contact us today to schedule your consultation!